Taxi Training Flow Chart
Guide Lines for Taxi License
1. What are the requirements for getting Taxi License?
You must meet all the requirements below to get Taxi License:
§ You must be 20 years of age at least.
§ You must a full Australian Driving License and that has to be valid for one year in the last two years. (Good behavior bond not allowed).
§ Must have Permission to work.
2. I am driving with red P or Green P. Am I eligible for this course?
Yes, if you meet the following
§ You have to drive 1 year with red P and 2 years with Green P, after that as soon as you get full Oz License you will be eligible straightaway. You don’t need to wait 1 year after getting full License in that case.
3. I am a student, Can I drive Taxi?
§ Yes students are welcome always. Only meet the requirements mentioned above.
4. I am a refugee, am I eligible for driving taxi?
§ Yes, as long as you have the permission to work and meet all the requirements mentioned above.
5. Tell me what should I do as soon as I meet all the requirements?
§ You should contact one the taxi training institutes.
§ See the list of taxi training providers at the end.
6. How much does it cost me altogether?
7. How long does it take to finish the course?
§ It depends on the students. Depends how quickly they learn.
§ From our experience we can say it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get the license.
§ But students will get maximum six months to finish their course.
§ After six months if you want to continue, then pay extension fee
i.e. $200.00 for every extra month OR $495.00 for another six months.
8. Tell me the procedure in brief towards getting Taxi License.
§ Get registered with one of the taxi training institutes mentioned above.
§ Pay the all the fees (upfront or installment).
§ Submit the documents as below:
1) Photocopy of your driving License certified by JP
2) Photocopy of your passport certified by JP
3) Color Photos, 3 copies , size 65mm X 65mm
4) Medical report ( get medical form from the school)
§ After you submit these forms and pay the fees, school will lodge your application to Ministry of Transport.
§ Ministry of Transport will check your police record, Driving record and Visa status. After checking up all these they give you a clearance number called CNI.
§ CNI is very important. Without having CNI you cannot sit for the test.
§ By this time you do the ENGLISH TEST (Ask School about it).
§ Also fill up the books and assignments (Ask school about it).
§ Sit for the Computer Based Knowledge Test in the school and pass.
§ Sit for the Computer Based Knowledge Test in MOT and pass.
§ Get your Certificate from School and submit to MOT.
§ MOT will issue the TAXI Authority Card to you in 2 to 3 days.
§ Then you book yourself in the radio class with one of the networks like TCS, Premier, Legion etc. and PIN number from. Then you start driving taxi straightaway.
From More information just go http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au